This is a day for all fountain pen enthusiasts to celebrate their passion and it is a great time to help enlighten others to the joys of fountain pens. To celebrate, there is not a special activity that is required other than enjoy writing. That is it.
I was sitting and thinking about some ideas for celebrating this day and here are a few:
- Put the computer away, get some paper and your favorite fountain pen and write a letter. It could be to a parent, family member, dear friend, anyone.
- November is NANoWriMo so if you are an aspiring writer, grab a pen and start that novel.
- Gift a pen and ink combo to a friend that would appreciate the gesture and would like to try a fountain pen but may not know where to start.
- Draw. There is no reason you cannot use a fountain pen for the expression of self through art.
- Try to take notes with a pen and paper rather than a laptop or tablet
The theme here is write, it is that simple.
There are also many wonderful giveaways or discounts from fountain pen vendors all over the world. This could be your lucky day!
Fountain Pen Day happens once a year on the first Friday of November. It is a great time to promote fountain pen use and a great excuse to go a tad silly with your love of pens.
Happy Fountain Pen Day!